Table of Contents
- Introductory Guidelines
- Who is hockey-director Chris Chelios?
- What should I expect my first day of class?
- I don't have all the necessary equipment, what can I do?
- What happens if I miss a class?
- What's next for my child?
- No skaters are allowed on the ice without an instructor present.
- Only the students that are currently registered for a specific class will be allowed on the ice.
- Any parent wishing to assist during class must get approval from Coach Chelios, be able to skate, have a current waiver for the Session on file with the front counter, and pay $16.00 for the Basic Skills Insurance.
- No shoes are allowed on the ice.
- Make-ups per session will be allowed for missed classes. No make-ups are allowed on the 1st week of the Session. Please confirm make-up times with Coach Chelios.
- Each skater is allowed ONE “Bring A Friend” pass to be used during the session that they are enrolled in. Please, no friends during the 1st week of a session.
- An Unlimited Public Skate pass available to all registered students for just $25. Students signed up before the early-registration date will recieve this pass for free.
- A free birthdate skate may be available to enrolled Students. (See our Birthday Party page for more details)
- Classes may be combined or cancelled due to enrollment.
- Register for a in class online at allseasonsicerinks.com or in-person at our facility. To register on-line, please visit the registration page that corresponds with the dates that you are looking for. Sorry, no phone registrations can be accepted.
Registrations will be accepted only if they are accompanied by full payment. Payments may be made by cash, mastercard, visa, or personal check accompanied by a driver's license.
- Classes are not pro-rated. However, students are given the opportunity to makeup missed classes.
- Rink Credits are issues with Medical Notes only
- There are absolutely no refunds on any classes
- Please review the required equipment before your first day of class. Contact Coach Cheli with any questions.
- A trial class is available during the 1st or 2nd week of our Sessions, to first-time students for just $20! If they’re not sure they’ll like skating, just let them try it, without financial risk. If they decide to continue, pay the balance of the class fee minus the $20 Trial fee. This Trial offer applies to 1st time students ONLY! Skate rental is available for an additional $2.50.
- Learn to Skate USA membership is required for all classes at All Seasons Ice Rinks. The annual fee is $16.00 and covers from July 1st of the current year, to June 30th of the following year.
Chris' hockey career includes playing professional hockey for the Shreveport Mudbugs in the CHL, the Baton Rouge Kingfish of the ECHL and one year professional hockey in Germany. He played collegiate hockey at University of Wisconsin-Superior, as well as, Junior A Hockey in the USHL for the Sioux City Musketeers
As a coach and instructor, Chris has head coached the UW-Superior Women's Hockey Team. UW-Superior is also where Chris earned his Physical Education Degree with a minor in coaching and health.
Finally, Chris has spent over 25 years of experience of instructing hockey camps, including camps like Jeremy Roenick and Chris Chelios Charity Hockey Camp, CCH XTREME, Infinity Hockey, & Christian Hockey Camps, Pro 7 and few more.
Currently, Chris is the Hockey Director at All Seasons Ice Rinks where he provides the best learning experience for his students. His specialized drills and his unique coaching style has proven to be an effective way to challenge students so improvements in their skill level can be developed, while at the same time providing a fun and enjoyable learning environment. He also coaches several teams such as Robert Morris College Girls Hockey Team, Naperville Central High School, and several Naperville Sabres teams along with being the skill instructor and midget director of that same club.
- Played Minor Pro Hockey For the Baton Rouge Kingfish in the ECHL & Shreveport Mudbugs in the CHL
- Played one year of pro hockey in Germany
- Played Collegiate Hockey the University of Wisconsin Superior
- Played Junior A Hockey in the USHL for the Sioux City Musketeers
- 2 x Collegiate All American
- USA Hockey Humanitarian Award Nominee
- NCHA and WIAC 1st Team All Conference
- Athlete of the Year for UW Superior
- Four NCAA Frozen Four appearances for UW Superior
- Received other awards such as MVP, Best Defense, Most Dedicated, Rookie of the Year
- Captain for the University of Wisconsin Superior Yellowjackets for his sophomore thru senior year
- Assistant Captain for the Sioux City Musketeers
- Played in the Junior A National Championship Game for the Sioux City Musketeers
Hockey Camps & Clinics
- CCH Xtreme Camps
- Jeremy Roenick and Chris Chelios's Charity Hockey Camp
- All Star Hockey Camp
- SAHA Pre Season Camp, Pro 7 Hockey Camp
- Christian Athlete Hockey Camp
- UW Superior Women's Intern Head Coach
- 1999 - 2000 - NCAA D3 Women’s Intern Head Coach of University of Wisconsin
- Naperville Central High School J.V. (2003 to 2006)
- 2003 – 2006 Naperville Central High School Varsity and J.V. Program
- Robert Morris University Girls (2003 to 2014)
- 2003 – 2014 Robert Morris Assosiate Coach
- Inducted into the Robert Morris University Coaching Hall of Fame
- 2012 ACHA Co-Coach of the Year
- Multiple ACHA Collegiate National Champions for Robert Morris College Girls
- Multiple ACHA Collegiate National Runner-up for Robert Morris College Girl
- Multiple ACHA Mid-Season Tournament & Showcase Champions
- Sabres Youth Hockey Organization (2003 to Present)
- Sabres Skills Development Instructor (14th year)
- 2003 - 2005: Sabres Mite House Gold & Mite A2
- 2005 - Present: Midget Minor & Major Central States Head Coach & Midget Director
- Midget Program has moved more kids to the ACHA, NCAA, & Junior program than any other program out there
- National, Regional, & State Appearances, Finalists and Runner-up
- Coaching Honors
- 2005 & 2007 Intern Coach: USA SELECT 17 FESTIVAL CAMP
- Chicago Scout for the Waterloo BlackHawks in the USHL
- 2005 NWHL Coach of the Year
- 2007 AHAI Coach of the Year
- 2 articles features my programs in USA Hockey Publications
- Hockey Director at All Season Ice Rinks
- AHAI Instructor for USA Coaching Clinics
- 2010 Inducted into the Robert Morris Hall of Fame
- 2016 AHAI Hockey Hall of Fame Recipient
- 2015 UW-Superior HALL of Fame Recipient
- Graduated UW Superior with a Teaching Degree and a Minor in Coaching, Health, and special education
- Level 5: USA Coaching Certified
Congratulations! You're all signed up for the session and ready for your first class. What should you do to make sure you are prepared for the first day?
- Make your way to the front desk at All Seasons Ice Rink and check in. Be sure to ask the front desk staff member for the class level your child has been assigned.
- Go to your assigned locker room - you can leave your hockey bag and street closed in your locker room during your class. Please, no dressing your child in the lobby area. Thanks for your cooperation.
- Once you're in your gear, gather in the area designated for your level and wait for your instructor who will bring you a practice jersey.
Applicable Levels: Learn to Skate - Tot Hockey
- Hockey Helmet
- Thick Pair of Gloves
- Bike or Skateboard Helmet
- Elbow Pads
Applicable Levels: Pre-Mite Intermediate/Advanced, Fundamentals of Hockey, Pre-Hockey
- Hockey Helmet
- Hockey Gloves
- Hockey Stick
- Shoulder Pads/Chest Protector
- Elbow Pads
- Shin Guards
- Hockey Pants
- Neck Guard
- Sports Jock
- Hockey Socks or Sweatpants
Coach Cheli participates in the One Goal Equipment Rental Program. Please see Coach Cheli for more information and rental details.
After the first full week of classes, please note that some classes may be closed due to full or low enrollment. You can make up classes, and the schedule will be posted online as soon as its available so you can determine availability for make up classes if needed during your session.
During week 6 of the session, your skater will go through testing and evaluation in preparation for the next session. During week 7 you will be able to sign up for the next session in the level your skater has progressed to - Coach Cheli or his staff will let you know and the front desk staff at All Seasons Ice Rink will also have this information.
There is always equipment to spare. I have a rental system so you will have equipment to use until you can get a set of your own. Coach Cheli and All Seasons provides two options for renting the necessary equipment.
Option A: One Goal Rental Packages include: helmet w/cage, shoulder pads, elbow pads, pants, gloves, shin pads and bag.
Rental Equipment is free with a deposit. Deposit will be refunded when equipment is returned. If you are interested in rental equipment please contact Coach Chris Chelios the week before the class begins to make arrangements. We have limited amounts and sizes of rental equipment, so it is on a first come, first served basis.
Sets will include helmet w/cage, shoulder pads, elbow pads, pants, gloves, shin pads and bag. Sets are available in two sizes — Size Small for 4-6 year olds and Size Large for 6-8 year olds. The equipment sets are co-branded USA Hockey/ OneGoal and marked Rental (In Large Block Lettering) to encourage the recycle use for starter programs and not long term use or resale.
Option B: A skate rental program is offered by the All Seasons Ice Rink for the 8-week Session and is available at the time of registration for $20.00. Or, if preferred, skate rental purchased weekly will be at $3.00 per usage. All Seasons Ice Rink policy states there are NO REFUNDS on skate rental (individual or pass) for ANY reason.
If you miss a class, you are welcome to attend any of the other times below to makeup for the missed class. Please email or text me to let me know that you will be making up your class during one of the ice slots found below. If you are making up a class on Thursday early evening or Saturday Morning, no need to text or email.
The makeup schedule for the Spring Session will be released in the coming weeks...
- Currently enrolled or graduated at the Pre-Hockey Phase 2 or Advanced level.
- Currently enrolled or graduated Pre-Mite Advanced or Elite
- Participated in the Mega Mites, Mighty Mites, CIHL or Sabre Inhouse Hockey League
Phase 1 kids may be able to play for the Sabres with Coach Cheli's Permission. Please give him a call.
2011, 2012 & 2013 Birth Years
Sabre Silver Mites for U-6
The Sabre Silver Mite program is a fully compliant American Development Model Program (ADM) that is based on age-appropriate guidelines and curriculum. If the term ADM is new to you, I highly recommend that you take some time to review www.admkids.com.
The ADM is a USA Hockey development program based on the science and research behind Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD). USA Hockey was one of the first governing bodies in the USOC to adopt this structure. Today there are many more sports applying these same principles. It is designed for age appropriate development and fun!
Silver Mite skaters will be trained under a strict and fully compliant ADM development structure consisting of station-based skills practices, small-area games and cross-ice or half-ice hockey games. Both the 6U will play on a half-ice format. The Silver Mite program is divided into two age groups, 6U for all skaters that are six (6) years old or younger
The Sabre Silver Mite program allows you to pick your preferred rink (All Seasons or Rocket) to have your practices and skill sessions based out of. This choice will be made during the registration process. Game days will rotate between All Seasons and the Rocket from week to week.
All participants will start the season in September with evaluation weekend. Your skater will be assigned to an evaluation group after you’ve registered. That assignment will come to you via email roughly a week prior to the evaluation weekend. During the evaluation sessions, all skaters will be rated on their skating ability and all around hockey skills. These player ratings will be the basis of the draft system and how the coaches will select their teams as our goal is to equally balance all of the teams. After evaluations, you’ll receive a phone call from the head coach of the team your skater was assigned to. All players will receive a Sabre jersey and socks in your team colors. You'll practice with your team and coaches for the remainder of the season that will conclude with Super Sunday in the first weekend of March.
Below is some more information on the Silver Mite program:
- Practices start the week after evaluation weekend
- Games will begin in October
- Practices/Skill Sessions will be twice a week with Games on Sunday. Currently practice days are set for Tuesday and Friday for All Seasons teams. Rocket teams will practice on Monday and Friday. We will do everything possible to keep that schedule but due to the complexities of ice scheduling that is subject to change.
- All games will be half-ice game format and one hour in length
- 90 second running clock shifts to provide equal ice time for all participants
- Goalies will rotate from game to game and all players will play all positions throughout the year
- Officials are on the ice for each game
- Penalties will result in a penalty shot
Please refer to our registration packet on SabreHockey.com for more detailed information on program costs and evaluation dates.
For more questions, please contact the Jr. Sabre Mite Coordinator:
Prior to registering and attending your first day of class, please be sure to review All Seasons Ice Rinks' policies.